Fire Alarm System
International Business Centre SKYTOWER is equipped with an analogous fire alarm system coordinated from the main panel and includes: smoke and heat detectors, manual fire alarms with safe glass and fire detectors behind suspended ceilings.
The building’s fire alarm system consists of three components:
- Automatic set up of the fire alarm and fire alert
- Automatic sprinkler and water drencher systems
- Automatic set up of a gas fire fighting module in the premises, where a diesel generator is located
When the fire alarm is activated:
- The supply-and-exhaust ventilation system automatically switches off
- The smoke removal system for the floor corridors and underground parking automatically switches on
- The air supply system for staircases and elevator shafts automatically switches on
- The voice and light warning system (flashing light strobes located by the loudspeakers near building entrances) automatically switches on
- Three elevators are lowered to the 1st floor, switch off and the elevator doors are opened
- The fire alert is passed by radio channel to the main panel of Chisinau fire department
Fire alarms have indicators for both normal and alerting states. Once the fire alarms have been activated, the main panel displays the location of the fire and smoke expansion.
The building has the following fire fighting equipment:
- Automatic water sprinkler system installed in each room
- Nine manual fire nozzles connected to fire cocks by force-fire hoses on each floor
- Three dry powder extinguishers in each fire cabin to localize fires
- Built-in fire tank with 20 m3 of water reserve
- Built-in pumping station for automatic fire fighting with an output of 141.1 m3/hour
The boiler room has a drencher type of automatic fire fighting system, and the diesel-generator room has a gas suppression type of system.